Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs

So today I thought I'd share with you a recipe I made for Easter this year. I was looking through my pictures and realized I hadn't posted these yet! They're actually pretty easy to make, it just takes quite a while. First  you make cookie dough. If you're worried about heath stuff you can use the recipe at the bottom of the post which has no eggs, but I think cookie dough with eggs tastes better so I'll probably make them that way next. After you've made your cookie dough roll it into balls that are pretty small and place them on a lined cookie sheet like so:
 I didn't realize how big they were going to end up once you added everything to them, so next time I make them I'll definitely start with smaller cookie dough balls! Put the pan in the freezer and let them harden for at least 30 minutes. While they're hardening bake brownies. Make sure you get the fudgey kind, otherwise they won't mold around the cookies. When the brownies come out let them cool for a little while or they'll burn your fingers (yes I learned that the hard way, I'm homeschooled ;)). Once they're cool enough to touch cut the brownies into 1" squares and mold them around the frozen cookie dough balls until they look like this:
 You don't want to wait too long otherwise they'll be harder to mold. Put the pan back in the freezer for another 30 minutes. Before you take them out melt one package of chocolate bark (or chocolate chips, whichever you prefer) in a double boiler. Keep a CLOSE eye on this. Burning chocolate neither tastes nor smells delicious... Take your frozen brownie covered cookie dough balls out of the freezer and drop them one at a time into the chocolate. Thoroughly coat them in chocolate and put them back on the pan like this:

Freeze them for about another 30-45 minutes. Until they're hard enough to not melt when you eat them, but not so hard that you break any teeth. It's a pretty wide margin, and if you forget about them you can always heat them in the microwave. When they come out of the freezer for the last time they should look like this:
If they don't, hey, it's cookie dough, brownies, and chocolate, it's going to taste good anyway!
I had some left over peanut butter icing in my fridge from this project so I melted some of that and drizzled it on top of the bombs. They were pretty incredible, I have to say. :)

Eggless Cookie Dough (recipe found here)

3/4 C Butter, softened
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C White Sugar
2 T Milk
1 t Vanilla
2 C Flour
Pinch of Salt


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...