Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chai Spiced Cookies

 Do those not look incredibly delicious? I thought so too. They also taste delicious, in case you were wondering! I had to make a dessert for the dinner we were going to tonight and the choice was between these and another incredible recipe that you can look forward to hearing about as soon as I (haha, my mom) restock the brown sugar. Needless to say, I made these because we didn't have any brown sugar. They're the perfect mix between crunchy on the edges and chewy in the middle. They would be perfect with a cup of tea. You should definitely make them and let me know what you think!

Chai Spiced Cookies (recipe found here)

2 3/4 C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 3/4 C White Sugar
2 1/2 t Cinnamon
1 t Ginger
1 t Cardamom
1/2 t Allspice
1/4 t Pepper 
1 C Butter
1 Egg
1/2 t Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and spices together. Take out 1/4 C of the sugar and spice (see what I did there?) mixture to roll the cookies in. Add the butter, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Roll into small balls and roll in the sugar and spice mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...