Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Cookie Time!

So I finished my psychology papers in time to send them in! Yay me! Now on to the important stuff. ;) Today I made Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies. Surprisingly, the recipe did not come from Pinterest, but a normal cook book! Shocker, I know. Anyways, the recipe is at the bottom of the post :)
Freshly out of the oven

I didn't add the food coloring to mine because I couldn't find it, so that is why my filling is just plain white.

Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies

6 T Butter
1 1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar
2 T Water
2 C Chocolate Chips
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt

Filling:

2 1/2 C Confectioners' Sugar
1/4 C Butter
3 T Milk
1/2 t Peppermint Extract
3 drops Green Food Coloring (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, water, and chocolate chips over medium heat until the chocolate chips are melted. Cool
Mix in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Cool on wire racks immediately.

In a large mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients until smooth. Spread between two cookies and enjoy! 

post signature
PS- This is my 100th post! How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...