Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brownie Cupcakes

I actually made these quite a while ago and I just haven't had a chance to post them. That happens sometimes when all I do is load the pictures onto my computer. I forget about them and then a month later I remember that I haven't told y'all how to make deliciousness in a while, and then I remember these cupcakes! Anyway, they are dark chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. (side-note: my dad hates frosting. He won't eat it. He scrapes it off his cake and gives it to my mom. But he likes this icing! That's got to tell you it's good, right?) Back to the cupcakes. They taste a little like brownies spread with creamy peanut butter. Bottom line, they're delicious.

I got the recipe here, but I'll type it out for you too, so you don't have to go to two links. I don't know about you, but I find that annoying, so I try not to do it.

For the Cupcakes:
1 Stick Butter
2 oz Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
3/4 C Flour
1/2 t Baking Soda
3/4 t Baking Powder
2 Eggs
3/4 C Sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
1/2 t Salt
1/2 C Sour Cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat butter, chocolate chips, and cocoa on medium heat until melted and combined. Stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately. Bake 18-20 minutes.

For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 C Powdered Sugar
1 C Peanut Butter
5 T Butter
3/4 t Vanilla Extract
1/4 t Salt
1/3 C Heavy Cream

Mix all ingredients except the cream on medium-low speed until creamy. Add the heavy cream and mix. If you want thicker icing you can add more powdered sugar. If you want thinner icing add more heavy cream. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I have always loved brownies. Found you on the Aloha hop and now following your blog, twitter and pinterest. Would love follows back :).

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and following! Following you back! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...