Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Nice Strangers

So here we are at the last day of November. First of all, today I am thankful for nice people. I know a lot of nice people, but today I am specifically thankful for nice strangers. When I'm coming home from an after-school program I help with on Fridays I have to sit at an intersection in a not-so-great part of town. There isn't a light and it's a pretty busy street. I often have to wait there for several minutes. But today a really nice guy let me out in front of him and I didn't have to wait at all! Simple kindnesses (is that a word?) from strangers are often the most influential of all. Secondly, what did I learn this month? I've learned that it's a lot easier to be thankful when you're seeking out things to be thankful for. I've learned that I need to work on getting things done on time! And finally, I've learned that when I'm thanking God for things that I have, it's much harder to complain about things I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...