Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

 Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day, and lemon poppyseed muffins are my favorite breakfast food. The best lemon poppy-seed muffin I've ever had was actually from Dunkin' Donuts. It tasted like sunshine. It was delicious. Ever since I had it I have been trying to find a recipe that imitates theirs, but I hadn't succeeded until I found this recipe. It was only slightly different, but I think with the addition of sugar crystals and icing on the top they would be the same. I will definitely be using this recipe again! Thank you, Pinterest!

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (recipe found here)
2 C Flour
2/3 C Sugar
1/4 t Salt
2 t Baking Powder
1/4 t Baking Soda
2 T Poppyseeds
2 Eggs
3/4 C Yogurt
Zest of 2 Lemons
1/4 C Lemon Juice (about 1 Lemon)
1 1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1/2 C Butter, melted

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and poppyseeds. In another bowl mix together the eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and butter. (ok, so I usually don't follow the whole mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls directions because it really doesn't matter, but it's important in this recipe, so make sure your wet and dry ingredients are mixed separately!) Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just mixed. Fill your muffin cups about 2/3rds full of batter, sprinkle with crystallized sugar (if desired), and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. They're SUPER delicious straight from the oven! Enjoy!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...